Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sticking with the 'girlie' pages for now, here are a couple of layouts again with Sofia using some of my fav pictures of her


In this page I have used Prima papers, would have to be my all time favorite papers, Spellbinders die cuts again cut with Prima papers and my Big Shot, the Leaves were cut using a Martha Stewart punch and the frame around photo is a prima surround followed by one of the large Martha Stewart border punches, and of course had to finish with Prima flowers, not a lot of embellishing needed on this one with the pretty borders.



When these papers first came out I swore I would never use them, too busy and complex and I just didn't know what I would do with them or how to use them, but that all changed when I was in Adelaide recently and the store owner where I was doing classes is on the Graphic 45 design team.  Her work was so inspirational and the new Secret Garden papers had just come in and I couldn't resist. For this photo of Sofia reading her book I thought I would cut around her and place her in that secret garden.  I actually used Gesso around the centre of the page so I could have a blank surface and then fussy cut the vine and birds from another page of G45, cut a few more pieces from other sheets and added the Prima mushrooms and cherub.

3 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

You did an amazing job with both of these layout, Lesley! I love how you used these papers and punches. The photos are precious!

Heather Landry said...

These pages are just simply gorgeous Lesley. You do an amazing job with Prima goodies. I love the whole shabby chic look!

Leonie said...

Hi Lesley, thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. It's always so nice hearing from readers that visit. I really like your pages here and I know what you mean about Graphic 45 papers. they're always so pretty but I'm never sure of how to approach them scrappy wise!! lol thanks again, cheers. :)