Tuesday, May 19, 2009


My youngest daugher Katie and partner of 8 yrs, have been together since 18 yrs and in University plus working extra jobs. 8 yrs on Katie is a qualified teacher who went straight from University into teaching at a top Private ladies School in Tasmania, and Jeremy is a software designer with a computer company.

Am really proud of them because they have travelled to Europe, saved and now have their own home which they are renovating and this Sunday leave to visit my eldest daughter in America, they really have done well and work very hard.

Love distressing and for this I used various techniques:
I begin by cutting completely around the edge with deckle scissors any design will do. Then run my craft knife around the already cut edges and it will catch and tear in the indentations, I think this gives more of a natural distressed look.

I then get a foot buff sander and rub at all rough edges to feather them a bit.
This was followed by using 3 different colours inks, any can be used but a mix of light to dark works best.

B/ground paper is K & Co, brown circle paper is BG Bittersweet as are the embellishments i cut from a piece of paper.
The frame is cut using Cricut Storybook cart, bottom shield shaped embellie I have had for yrs in my stash.
Punched top around circle is using a Tonic punch which I love.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This page is one of my favorites, I love everything about it!! Just beautiful!
-Cher